郑顺利师傅 Master Tay S L

Monday, June 28, 2010

Xingyi Kempo Training Diary: 26.06.10

Last Saturday we had a short ice-breaking before we started our lesson proper. It was interesting to know that my classmates come from different walks in lives. We even have 2 Malay classmates! It is quite a challenge to convey essence of Chinese martial arts into English but I guess that it is only a matter of time for us to overcome this hurdle.

Master Tay brought us through some of the Yangshen Gongfa (health enchancing exercises) and reliterate the details we ought to pay attention to. I feel that if we can practice the Yangshen Gongfa consistently and regularly, it may help us to improve our mindfulness body coordination. This is because Yangshen Gongfa has specific choreographed breathing and stretching movements. Therefore, to practice them correctly, we have to be very mindful and calm.

We had also practiced Santi Shi and Splitting Punch. At the latter part of the class, the men had a taste of landing their Splitting Punches on a punching bag! It was also my first time practicing striking on a target. I felt that it was a very different experience.

I remember Master Tay had shared with us that isolated movement tranings are meant for us to be familiar with the movements. It will also help to train and improve our sense of balance and body co-ordination. Whereas target-striking trainings are the practical part of each isolated movement trainings.

I felt that I was quite nervous and my strikes turned out to be too stiff! Better try in my next lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment