郑顺利师傅 Master Tay S L

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Xingyi Kempo Training Diary: 10.07.10

A bright and sunny morning, a morning that was packed with energy too. After the Yangshen Gongfa and warm-up exercises, we revised our Splitting and Drilling Fists. This time round, we practiced by combining both hand movements and footwork. I will need more practice to get used to executing my moves. Martial arts, like other forms of arts are about practice and nothing but practice. As the saying goes, practice makes perfect!

Today we got to learn the third basic strike in Xingyi Quanfa, the Crushing Fist. We practiced the half-step Crushing Fist. As compared to the footwork of Splitting and Drilling Fists, the half-step Crushing Fist reach is noticeably shorter. However, with the correct coordinate movements from the body, the half-step Crushing Fist is still enable to deliver an overwhelming blow. And of course, it takes practice!

I seems to be reminding myself about practice and more practice!

Besides target-striking practice, we also had a analyse-strength (听劲) practice. The exercise is to practice how to feel the strength of an opponent's strike. The interesting experience that the softer I allow my arm to be, the better I could feel the opponent's strike. But it's so difficult to maintain being soft consistently.

Well...I will just have to put in more practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment